Sunday, April 21, 2013

Happy 5th Birthday

Lina Celeste turned 5 years old recently and it feels very special to her. As soon as she woke up on her birthday she said "when I was 4 I felt like a toddler...now I am 5 and I feel like a grown-up." Slow down there!

There was a small family celebration at my mom's home, that LC enjoyed greatly, and I didn't have to spend any time, money or effort on it. At least I still rate above treats. She said "I feel happy with my mommy even when I feel like a grown-up and I love my mommy more than ice cream." Then she dived into Ben & Jerry's Phish Food, chocolate ice cream with marshmallow and caramel swirls & fudge fish.





Lina opted out of a birthday party this year. It was her choice. I said we could have a big party, with friends and family, at a cool venue or our home...OR we could leave NYC for a little trip. I'll post about the adventure Lina chose when I get a chance later this month. Right now she is enjoying her birthday gifts...including an awesome Casio mini keyboard.