Friday, April 12, 2013

Fish and Duck, Upside Down Tree, Humpty Dumpty

Warm spring weather...more cool activities for kids to attend in NYC + we have two family trips scheduled out-of-town...so I am not on the computer as often...but I hope to post on this blog once a week.

LC started writing her own books the last two weeks...well, picture books (with very little text) and she breaks it up into "chapters for each story." I have to keep up with buying blank bound journals, so she can write more books. She likes to share what she has written and "reads" the stories (to me, to our relatives, to her friends and to her literature teacher in the East Village etc.) She said "I can't read other people's stories yet, so I am writing my own." Maybe one day I will have some extra time and record her reading some of these stories and put that up here.

BUT...for this post, let me catch up by sharing some drawings she made a month or two ago in a little spiral notebook I gave her.

LC: "A house, not a building, with a big cup on it and a building next to it with a big ice cream on it. The little flying thing is a fairy...and sunshine and sky around it."


LC: "A person looking for a fish and a duck."


LC: "Upside down tree."


LC: "Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall, Humpty Dumpty had a great fall."