Sunday, September 2, 2012

July Tracing Spree - Part 1

July was an amazing month, as LC discovered tracing objects. She was unstoppable on this tracing spree. She came up to me with the first picture and she said "I traced it." It was a wonderful moment, I knew this was very special. I asked where she got this idea and she said from the Disney DVD she just watched. Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue has a scene with the little girl tracing Tinker Bell (and then drawing in the details from observation), to include an "actual size" fairy drawing in her scientific journal. Each day that month (at 4 1/4 years old), she created 10-12 drawings at home (tracing + lovely details added from observation) and presented the pictures to me, with the objects that inspired her. This series will show my favorites.