Saturday, March 19, 2011

2010, 3rd Quarter - LC

This post covers July through September 2010.

First off, a few pictures of LC's work in her Hootenanny Art House art class. Juliana instructed them on texture, layering, color, technique. But she never touched the actual work, so it was all LC's creation...LC had the freedom to explore. I loved watching her concentrate on the art projects for 45 minutes straight. Here is LC at 27 months of age:


Her teacher Juliana did an amazing job encouraging the toddlers to create beautiful collages. They were given pre-cut paper, oil pastels, brushes, glue, glitter, paints etc.

There was no right or wrong in the classes...it was about the process.

At home, LC explored different shapes, with dots to represent eyes...she would tell me her colored pencil drawings were "fish", "birds" etc.

At home, she also loved to paint.

Nothing makes LC run faster to the dining room table...than telling her I am setting up some paper and art supplies. Pic, end of July 2010:

Though she runs pretty fast to the table when I tell her I'd like to see her build with legos.



She got a huge kick out of a quick sketch I made of a future LC girl and her mommy.